Please familiarize yourself with the following information before coming to see an ophthalmologist or optometrist. If you have any questions, be sure to call our reception at 662 3744.
- When attending your appointment please be sure to spare an adequate amount of time for your session. On average an eye examination will take approximately an hour. This is so we can thoroughly examine your eyes, detect any possible problems and hold a conversation with you in regards to our findings.
- There is a possibility that additional examinations may be necessary which may take up to 2 hours
- If a more thorough examination of your retina or the strength of the eye’s optical system is needed the doctor will have to use eye drops that will dilate your pupil. You will experience blurred vision for a period of time and will be incapable of driving.
- Please bring your spectacles that you have been assigned prior or the prescription for the spectacles. We also request that you form a list of all the medications you are currently administering.
- We recommend that you bring sunglasses to your visit. This is necessary to protect your hypersensitive eyes in case we need to dilate your pupils for procedures. If this is the case please keep in mind that you are unable to read or work that day.
- A lot of questions may arise for you, a good idea is to write all of them down and bring with you to the appointment so all of them get addressed. It is also allowed to tape your conversations with the physician, this may prove helpful in remembering all the recommendation assigned.